Northwest Illinois Economic Development is seeking an Executive Director.
The Executive Director of NW Illinois Economic Development provides strategic, philanthropic leadership. The incumbent is an experienced leader and strategist, and works closely with the Board of Directors, local business leaders, other economic development organizations, and state and local governments to achieve strategic and financial goals. This includes all aspects of fostering collaborative relationships in order to benefit the Tri-County area.
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead and supervise NW Illinois Economic staff for the highest level of service possible to the community.
- Devote at least 25% of time to managing and cultivating a portfolio of donors, including business owners and community members.
- Marketing and public relations to properly showcase the significant advantages in the community and business environment of the area.
- Development of the annual budget and strategic goals along with effective management of all programs within the budget.
- Leading initiatives for new and existing programs that support business in the community such as workforce development and improvements to community infrastructure.
- Serve as an ex-officio non-voting member of the Board of Directors and work collaboratively with the Board.
- Bachelor's degree from accredited college or university preferred or commensurate work experience
- Five or more years of economic development experience
- Affiliations with professional organizations a plus
Resumes may be submitted to:
NW Illinois Economic Development
Review of resumes will begin May 28, 2019.