Weekly UpdateHappy Friday everyone!
It’s been a great week back at Northwest Illinois Economic Development, and we feel greatly accomplished.
This week we have
- Attended the Jo Daviess County Board meeting, where I was appointed to serve as the representative to the Quad Cities Regional Economic Development Authority
- Hosted a regional economic developers call, bringing in 4 other representatives from Iowa, Wisconsin, and Mercer County Illinois
- Attended a webinar on the tax implications of the new stimulus
- Hosted the Galena Downtown business association meeting
- Promoted the Business Education Network on email and social media
- Worked on the upcoming Made in NW Illinois Campaign
- Worked with our new secretary on the minutes and some potential bonding opportunities for some possible projects
- Talked to Andy Shaw at Blackhawk Hills Regional Council about the CPACE incentive coming for review at the Jo Daviess County Board in the next month
- Hosted the Jo Daviess County Ad Hoc Economic Development subcommittee meeting for quality of life
- Attended a daycare meeting – the business plan is being presented to stakeholders for review soon.
- Worked with some community members in Savanna about a potential arts project
- Set up some staff benefits
- Called into the Prosperity Southwest Wisconsin Meeting
- Worked on some marketing campaigns
- @David sent over 100 mailers to home-based businesses inviting them to NWILED programming
- Sent a letter of support for the Shimer College project in Mount Carroll
- Attended a Zoom roundtable with Representative Bustos
- Spoke with our vice-chair about the new EIDL and the QCREDA bond programs