Resources to Grow
A supportive community can make a huge difference in the success of your business. In Northwest Illinois, you'll partner with communities that want to help you to succeed. Northwest Illinois Economic Development will act as your liaison to local, county, state and federal resources all pulling in the same direction to help you build a thriving enterprise.
USADA Rural Development
- USDA Rural Energy for America Program (REAP)
- Dairyland Power Cooperative Economic Development Loan
State of Illinois
- Community Development Block Grants (CDBG)
- Economic Development for a Growing Economy (EDGE)
- Northwest Illinois Enterprise Zone
- Local Redevelopment Authority at Savanna Depot Park Enteprise Zone
- Carroll and Whiteside County Enteprise Zone
- Jo Daviess County Tax Abatement
- Tax Increment Financing (TIF)
Grant Funding Organizations
- US Department of Commerce Economic Development Administration (EDA)
- US Department of Agriculture Rural Development (USDA)
- Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity (DCEO)
- Illinois Department of Transportation (IDOT)
- Illinois Department of Natural Resources (IDNR)
Bi-State Freight Study
Blackhawk Hills and Regional Council (BHRC) and East Central Intergovernmental Association's (ECIA) bi-state freight study provides updated data for supply chain and freight needs.
Our communities were selected as one of a few second-stage pilot locations for Talent Pipeline Management, created by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation. We're Hosting employers who are working to increase the talent pool. Our employer-led Heathcare and Hospitality Collaboratives are sharing local employment data, identifying critical employment needs, and identifying the preferred talent providers for the region. Manufacturing and logistic sector collaboratives will be created in 2018-2019. Request our Ebook.
Generous businesses open their doors and share their typical day with students to demonstrate the expectations of the world of work. Students are paired with managers in areas of interest and learn what makes an employee successful in their chosen career. For more information: email@example.com.
Through TCEDA's innovative Build It • Grow It program, entrepreneurs find knowledge and confidence to build their businesses through the shared experiences of other business owners, and under the guidance of an expert in small business management. Our program combines special educational sessions and private, confidential consultations with an expert business professional. Open your mind to the practical and time-tested strategies that will propel the disciplined entrepreneur to new heights of success.